We had a scorcher of a week here in Stockholm, by Swedish standards anyways. The sun doesn’t really set at this point in the summer. Rather, it sinks, moves across the sky, and goes back up. It means we’re getting some pretty spectacular sunsets from our favourite vantage spot in the city, and trying to soak up every last one.
Today is my last day in the office for four whole weeks. I spent a few minutes thinking about what I would cook this weekend and what would pack well for lunches next week before I remembered I don’t have to pack any lunches. Yay!
One of my favourite things about being done with my thesis is having time to read things that aren’t scientific journal articles. I’m reading books! Novels! It’s amazing! I’ve got my e-reader loaded up with books for my vacation and I hope to plow through a lot of them. If you’re looking for reading inspiration, Food52 has a great list of summer reading. Delancey and The Third Plate are both on my list. On to the links!
1. This doctor prescribes chocolate. (ps – so do I)
2. Keeping hydrated in the summer heat. Tips, tricks, and warning signs.
3. Food as fuel for sports nutrition. This is interesting. Any athletes out there? Thoughts?
4. A new study suggests we’re not over eating, we’re under exercising. I’d say we’re probably doing a bit of both.
5. In-vitro meat is unlikely to become a reliable food source. Well well well.
All text and photos © The Muffin Myth 2014